A Place to Meet
Our Library is supported by the community, for the community. Borrow books, audio-books, DVDs, CDs and the latest magazines.
The Community Library also –
- Holds regular Book Sales where you can grab a bargain!
- Internet, computers for personal use, storytelling, printing and photocopying
- Book covering, laminating, computer lessons
- Art exhibitions by local artisans
- Justice of the Peace services
- Regular social and community Events: Lovers of Books on St Valentines Day 14th February at 5:30pm.
- Children’s Storytelling on Saturdays at 10:30am.
- Preparing for Prep workshops – Tuesdays during third term – 9am to 11am. Free
The Library is a place to relax, read or study . . . and meet friends.
Sponsored by Sunshine Coast Regional Council and numerous local businesses and organisations.
General Meetings are held on the last Friday of each month at 10am
Join the Mapleton Community Library – If you live on or near the Blackall Range please drop in and become a member of this wonderful community library. Contact Us for more information.
Annual Membership – Running the library is a costly exercise, so borrowing books, CDs, DVDs & audio books requires a small annual membership fee of $10. Thank you to most of the active members who have updated memberships for the year to June 2018. A few members are still discovering that their membership needs renewal in order to borrow.
Benefits of Membership:
- Ten books and magazines may be borrowed per membership
- Reserve a book or magazine over the telephone or send us an email email@example.com
- Renew a book by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominate a new book for purchase and be the first to read it
- Opportunity to purchase pre-read, discounted books at bargain prices at our in-house book shop
- Provide a review to other members of the community on a book you have read
- An opportunity to volunteer and be part of a fun team who help organise and run the library
- Choose from Large Print, Young Adult and Children’s literature available for borrowing
Funding and Supporters – Fund sources include the Sunshine Coast Council, with support from local businesses and organisations. Plus we obtain funds from book sales, donations, raffles, events and functions.
Special thanks to Maleny Blackall Range Lions Club Inc.
Our appreciation to local businesses and groups for your continued support: * IGA Mapleton * Mapleton Post Office * Mapleton Tavern * Mapleton Bowls Club * Mapleton Medical Centre * Blackall Range Zonta Club
Book Sales – Everyday Book Shop. Looking to buy a book to read or to add to your collection? We have a small selection of our best quality, latest titles on sale every day. A selection of collectable and specialist books is also on display.
Volunteering. The Library depends on volunteers for everything from fund raising to housekeeping. One thing most volunteers enjoy is a few hours on the desk fortnightly.
If you would like to volunteer please leave contact details at the desk. Training is given with lots of on-the-job support. Recent volunteer training has included library processes and the Dewey system.
New in the library:
The family guide to homeopathy : the safe form of medicine for the future / by Lockie, Andrew.
Publication: London : Hamish Hamilton, 1998 . 415 p : 25 cm ISBN: 0241135729